[BRLTTY] Inserting control characters under screen driver

Chris Moore chris.w1gm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:07:53 EST 2015

Hello,
Cheryl pointed this out a few days ago, but I want to chime in with some additional info.

1.  Run brltty under screen using -xsc to invoke the screen driver.
2.  Go into emacs
3. Type control-x on your braille keyboard.
4.  The bottom line on the emacs windows shows “x is undefined”.

To determine whether this was behavior specific to the mac, I repeated the experiment on  a linux machine with the same result.
I also discovered the meta key sequences seem to be inserted ok.

As Cheryl pointed out, this is not a big deal as most folks have a regular keyboard for input.  She also points out the braille key insertion works fine under the lx driver.

Chris