[BRLTTY] Introduction of my project

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Tue Nov 3 18:08:37 EST 2015

Hi,

I've been working with free software for 2004, and I'm sure now of 2
things: it's The solution to get an accessible computer in long-term,
but its diversity results on a need of fulltime work on the matter. I
think now an accessible system should go still further, using
"universal" purpose. But universal, it means a flexible desktop, for
various visual issues, etc.

For all these reasons I try now so pay for devs to work on GNU/Linux
a11y, in particular Compiz, Orca, AT-SPI, MATE and BRLTTY. To know the
values of this project and our model, see:
http://hypra.fr/?-Home-17-&lang=en

For next month, we will release a full list of features we found in
Jaws, NVDA, ZoomText and SuperNova and not present in Orca and Linux, so
that users could tell us whet should be prioritary to be developped
(related to screen reader, xbrlapi, brltty, etc). On this basis, we'll
submit patches to add features, including technical discussions with you
about the good approach (what is for Orca, for at-spi, for the
application, etc). Now we've the basic platform, we can start
developping improvements and submitting them.

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

HYPRA, progressons ensemble