[BRLTTY] Problem connecting the braille display Brailliant BI 40

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Nov 12 16:38:58 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 22:06, Didier Spaier wrote:

> Maybe ask the Debian packager to just to install it?
>
> I would be a bit surprised that it be not done yet though,
> as Debian is known to support brltty since a long time.
>
> I don't know if using systemd changes the way to handle
> that.

Well, I had a look at Debian source package
5.2~20141018-5.
In
http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/brltty/brltty_5.2~20141018-5.debian.tar.xz,
I see in /rules:
cp debian/brltty-udeb.udev.rules debian/$@/lib/udev/rules.d/brltty.rules
So if I understand well you _should_ have a file:
lib/udev/rules.d/brltty.rules

But this brltty.rules is not the same as in the source archive,
maybe that can explain a difference?

If Samuel sees this thread, he will certainly shed some light.
I an CCing him, just in case.

Cheers,
Didier