[BRLTTY] Broken colour names

Aura Kelloniemi spammi.helevetti at nbl.fi
Tue Nov 17 03:23:33 EST 2015

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:
 > [quoted lines by Aura Kelloniemi on 2015/11/13 at 11:26 +0200]
>>BRLTTY nowadays displays colour names incorrectly with the Describe Character
>>command.

 > Could you please test this with the latest code to see if it's been resolved?

It seems to work now. I wrote a small python script to test for it. The script
is attached to this message, so that everybody else can try it out.

This script writes a line of text with all possible combinations of foreground
and background colours. It uses the ECMA-48 escape codes for changing colours.
It also uses the ECMA-48 bold and blink display attributes to try to change
the colours' intensity.

To use this sciprt, run it and pipe the result to a pager. If you use less,
use the -r option to allow less to print the escape sequences as raw strings.

I could not get the blink attribute working on Linux console. Traditionally it
changed the background colour to be bright, as the bold attribute does for the
foreground colour.

 > Also, your "double cursor" problem should be resolved now.

It's gone, thanks!

--
Aura