[BRLTTY] Hims Braille Sense not Working on Linux

Rob captinlogic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:08:36 EST 2015

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> Could you please send
> a copy of your /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file while your Braille
> Sense is
> connected?
No such file; ../debug is empty.
Now, I cloned the latest code from git.

> Use -L (uppercase) to specify the path to the log file you'd like to
> create,
> and use -l (lowercase) to enable the needed log categories. So:
>
> -L/path/to/logfile
-ldebug,usb,inpkts,outpkts,brldev
Unknown category brldev. I took that out and we have a log file. It is
attached. From looking at it, it seems as though Brltty is not seeing
the Braille Sense at all. I did not include the -b or -d directives
since I assumed that USB devices were probed automatically.