[BRLTTY] Hims Braille Sense not Working on Linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Nov 21 12:02:22 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Rob on 2015/11/20 at 11:08 -0600]

>No such file; ../debug is empty.

Some distributions don't mount the kernel's debug file system. Try:

   mount -t debugfs debugfs /yss/kernel/debug

If that works, the file /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices should then be there.

>Now, I cloned the latest code from git.

Thanks. It's always easiest to work with the latest code.

>it seems as though Brltty is not seeing the Braille Sense at all.

Indeed. Could you do lsusb both before and after running brltty in order to
verify if Linux is seeing the device in both cases? You're looking for a vendor
ID of 045E and a product ID of 960A.