[BRLTTY] Hims Braille Sense not Working on Linux

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Nov 22 09:30:28 EST 2015

[quoted lines by Rob on 2015/11/22 at 07:11 -0600]

>Okay. I reset the Braille Sense, and now something shows up with
>lsusb. This is the only different line.
>
>Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:930a Microsoft Corp. ISOUSB.SYS Intel
>82930 Isochron

That looks like it.

>When I unplug the device, a little message pops up in the console saying
>Error opening USB descriptors file.

I have no idea what that line means.

>Does the lsusb line go away when it's
disconnected, and then come back when it's reconnected?

Could you try running brltty when lsusb shows it? Then, if it still doesn't
work, do lsusb again after you've stopped brltty.

I'd be interested in seeing your /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file while lsusb
shows the device.