[BRLTTY] missing key release events, was Re: brltty5.2 alpine2.11 cursor tracking

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Oct 5 11:59:13 EDT 2015

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2015/10/04 at 16:17 -0400]
>
> >And here's the culprit: commit 42bebdf197
>
> Thanks. That was done to make AtSpi2 work better. I've undone it for now.
> Please test the latest code.

Yes, works fine now.  Thanks!

I also found a good way to reproduce the lost key event now that cursor
routing works again.  I'm assuming this was exerbated by the cursor
routing issue on my previous PC where the effect was less destructive
than on my current one. But it looks like there is another issue that
has been present all along when event alerts are using a PCM device.

Anyway, suffice to slide your finger on the entire row of cursor routing
keys back and forth at a quick pace with your fingernail facing down.
That works well on the BC640 as the routing keys are made of raised hard
plastic bumps. Eventually, one of the keys is not "released" and
pressing a new routing key redefines a copy area instead.  Or in some
cases, more than one keys are not "released" and nothing happens anymore
since there is no binding definitions for multiple held-down routing
keys with the pressing of another key. Pressing them one by one would
eventually "release" the key believed to still be down and normal
operation is restored.

This lost key event doesn't happen when the alert tunes setting is
turned off.

Nicolas