[BRLTTY] missing key release events, was Re: brltty5.2 alpine2.11 cursor tracking

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Tue Oct 6 21:07:04 EDT 2015

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Oct 2015, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>
> > This lost key event doesn't happen when the alert tunes setting is
> > turned off.
>
> With those few patches I sent you separately to improve PCM code
> efficiency, the above test case is now more difficult to trigger.  So
> those patches don't completely fix it but they apparently help.

OK... Some hacking in the code to make notes duration much longer and
the problem becomes obvious. playTune() is fully synchronous and does
does not return until noteMethods->flush() is done.  This is enough to
miss incoming key events in some cases.  Similar to speech requests, I
think playTune() should run in its own thread when they are available.

Nicolas