[BRLTTY] Hints for "modern" audio setup?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Oct 13 02:32:19 EDT 2015

adrian at pa0rda.nl writes:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 04:57:56PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I switched to a new workstation at work.  This machine apparently has no
>> working PC beeper anymore.  While it appears in ALSA mixer, I can't get
>> it to produce any sound, neither via plain console, nor via BRLTTY
>> beeper output (and yes, the kernel module (forgot name) is loaded.)
>
> There are two groups involved in pulsaudio:
> pulse:x:495:adrian,mail
> pulse-access:x:494:adrian,mail
>
> As you can see I added myself and the mail user to these groups to enable
> make noise.

I was probably too verbose to be crystal clear.  I dont have any problem
getting audio via PulseAudio to work from my normal user.  My user can
play audio, although it is *not* in the pulseaudio groups.  However,
root can not.  I highly doubt adding root to any of the groups mentioned
above would make any difference.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕