[BRLTTY] Hints for "modern" audio setup?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 18 20:09:08 EDT 2015

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2015/10/19 at 02:03 +0200]

>I'm surprised still nobody has submitted a driver to expose PCM devices as a
>standard beep speaker, but apparently it's still not integrated.

Thanks to a suggestion by Nicolas, I'm looking into brltty implementing just
such a thing. It'd redirect console beeps to the currently selected alert tune
device. This, of course, would be done under the control of a preference
setting.