[BRLTTY] Status display

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:15:22 EDT 2016

hi
One question. Do you know whether the display gets it's time by querying
whatever system (linux, windows, etc) for the current time or whether it
has an internal hardware clock? I know this is probably a question with
no easy answer, but if it queries the system, whichever system you're
using should already have adjusted itself, so the display will just show
the current time as your OS sees it. If it has an internal hardware
clock, then the question becomes whether linux, windows, etc can see it
and manipulate it. I don't know much about the USB, serial or bluetooth
protocols, do they have any way of accessing hardware clocks? I would
say ask handiTech, but past experience tells me they'll simply tell you
that they don't support linux, use their "official" app and so on, so
I'm not sure if that's an option or not. Sorry i'm not of much help,
there are people on hear who know a lot more than I do, and they'll
chime in. If no one does, I'll try to find some info on the internet
about this.
Thanks
Kendell Clark