[BRLTTY] espeak driver stops speaking shortly after BRLTTY is started

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 06:48:17 EDT 2016

Hi

Since today, BRLTTY (or rather the espeak driver I've configured) stops talking
after a few minutes (1-3) when using BRLTTY. Braille still works fine. To figure
out what the cause might be, I searched through the list of packages installed
yesterday, but brltty, espeak, linux and pulse were left untouched (I have
had issues with pulse before and that was my first guess). Other applications
using ALSA still play sound fine.

I downgraded BRLTTY to 5.3.1-1 and compiled the latest code from the repository,
but I do get the same behaviour. That makes me think that something in the
environment must have changed.
I now tried out the speechd-backend and this one works fine, which is a
temporary solution.

With logging level 7, I was not able to see any issue. Could you please give me
pointers how to proceed from here?

Thanks
Sebastian
--