[BRLTTY] Error "Can't determine tty number"

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 11 17:02:35 EDT 2016

Hello,

Sorry I've been away for so long...

t w, on Tue 05 Jul 2016 07:58:23 +0000, wrote:
> Now I only have one more question: how do I pass the window ID of my main
> window to my application (as Samuel suggested)? How do I find this id, and
> where do I pass it?

since you are running from eclipse, I'm assuming you are writing
a graphical application, right? (If it's a text application, the
application shouldn't do anything, and just let libbrlapi read the
WINDOWID environment variable).

For graphical applications, the window ID is the X window ID as returned
by the toolkit that you are using. You simply pass it to
brlapi_enterTtyMode.

Samuel