[BRLTTY] no input from braille keys under some conditions

Michael Katzmann mkat at nlsbph.org
Fri Aug 12 09:50:13 EDT 2016

Hi Samuel,
   Yes that's the problem (and solution) exactly.
If I kill xbrltty (and the script that re-spawns it) all the key-presses
are received by my program using brlapi.
By removing /etc/X11/Xsession.d/60xbrlapi (and
/usr/share/gdm/greeter/autostart/xbrlapi.desktop) xbrlapi is not started at
boot and my program gets all the braille keyboard characters.
Its curious that xbrlapi only swallows the braille characters and not the
control/routing characters.

Thanks for solving the mystery!!