[BRLTTY] permissions on the brlapi.key file

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 00:41:40 EDT 2016

hi

I think I understand, brlapi.key is set that way to be more secure.
Would specifying read access by everyone, but write and execute access
to root only compromise the security? After all, orca only needs to read
the file, not change it. I don't mean to ask for anything unreasonable,
but some of my users are   ... very demanding. They expect to plug in
their display, either via usb or bluetooth, and have it work
immediately. If they have to do so much as a single thing, this is hard
windows just works, or mac just works depending on what they used before
sonar sucks.  Never mind that they had to set their screen reader to use
that braille display it wasn't automatic on their other platform, which
probably used brltty as well lol. Most of my sonar users are very
understanding though so this is a minority, but it does happen. By the
way, I never understood just how great brltty was until I had a display
to test with. It works beautifully.

Thanks

Kendell Clark