[BRLTTY] problems installing brltty-5.4

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Dec 7 16:08:46 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2016/12/07 at 14:17 -0500]

>Given it could be a problem with pipes which are managed by the kernel,

I don't think so because nsgmls is reading all of the input and none of the
reads have unexpected return values.

Looking at the strace a bit closer, John's is different than mine. Mine does
one fstat() followed by all of the read()s. His has just as many read()s, each
of which returns the same as the read()s on my system, but there are two
fstat()s before each of them.

There isn't enough in the strace for the fstat()s to see how they may be
different. In both straces (his and mine), it just says that it's a FIFO (pipe)
and that st_size is 0 (expected for a pipe).