[BRLTTY] Problem with terminus font

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Feb 6 18:25:20 EST 2016

Didier Spaier, on Sun 07 Feb 2016 00:09:56 +0100, wrote:
> Additional information: Philippe also tested an installer shipping
> brtty 5.3.1 and observed the same behavior. Then I cooked another one
> with as only change brltty 4.2 (same configure options) and the problem
> was gone

Ok.

> I attach the font used, that presents no caveat for a sighted user.

Ok, I see that it shares the same glyph for U+0x0000 and U+0x0020.
Perhaps brltty gets confused by this. Dave, any idea?

> By the way, am I correctly presuming that brltty needs icu enabled if
> the console is in UTF-8 mode?

icu is only needed for some character description and line breaking
things. It is really not strictly needed for working in utf-8 mode.
Debian has never enabled icu use for its utf-8-enabled installer.

Samuel