[BRLTTY] udev with systemd

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jan 12 00:14:04 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Mike Gorse on 2016/01/08 at 13:26 -0500]

Okay. I've just committed an update that I hope works. The goal is to permit
multiple USB braille devices to be connected and disconnected independently and
in any order. I'd really appreciate it if this change could be tested by
others. Both the type=notify (new) and type=forking (old) systemd service units
should be tested.

The udev rules have been updated. After updating them on your system, remember
to run: udevadm control --reload-rules

There aretwo systemd service units, now: brltty (needs to be replaced), and
brltty@ (needs to be added). Then, remember to run: systemctl daemon-reload

systemctl start/stop brltty should work. In addition, connecting a braille
device via USB should start its own brltty, and disconnecting the same device
should stop that same brltty.