[BRLTTY] Determining Screen Location/Coordinates

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 27 12:23:09 EST 2016

[quoted lines by Rob on 2016/01/27 at 10:59 -0600]

>In speakup, you can press a key to hear which line/column you are located at.
>I wasn't able to find a similar command for BRLTTY. Does such a command exist?

For where the braille display is, there are status cells that can be set.
Status cells are braille cells reserved such that they show certain
informatioin.

Brltty also maintains a speech cursor. The command SPEAK_CURR_LOCN speaks the
current location of the speech cursor.

There's no way to speak the location of the braille window or to show in
braille the location of the speech cursor.