[BRLTTY] Startup of brltty 5.3.1.

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Jan 30 21:27:52 EST 2016

Anders Holmberg <anders at pipkrokodil.se> wrote:
> I don’t know anything about systemd so if someone can point me in a right direction i’d be more than happy.

You need to have a systemd unit file for BRLTTY installed in an appropriate
location. On my system it is at /lib/systemd/system/brltty.service
but if you're installing it locally rather than from a package, it might be
better to put it in /etc/systemd/system/brltty.service

Such a file is included in the BRLTTY distribution. Install it manually if it
isn't already present on your system.

Once it's installed, you should be able to do the following:

systemctl start brltty
to start BRLTTY in the current session.

systemctl enable brltty

to have BRLTTY started during the boot process.

systemctl status brltty
to find out about the current status of the service.

journalctl -u brltty
will show you log entries from BRLTTY.

More information about systemd is available via your preferred Web search
engine.