[BRLTTY] some strange issues with brltty 5.3.1

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 8 06:19:46 EDT 2016

[quoted lines by kendell clark on 2016/05/07 at 23:22 -0500]

In my opinion - for what it may not be worth - it's a Pulse Audio issue and I
find myself sympathizing with the Speakup people's position. In any event, the
more important issue, by far, is that your problem be resolved. To that end,
even though it really isn't our problem, we'll work with you to try to ensure
that that happens.

Yes, running Pulse Audio as a system daemon will resolve your problem. That's
exactly what I myself do. Note that you'll still need to put root into the
pulse-access gtroup.

Do you have a copy of the three files for this that I posted a short while ago?
If not, I'll repost them.

You could also try reconfiguring ALSA so that it works directly (i.e. without
going through Pulse Audio). That'd be another approach that should work.

With Pulse Audio running as a system daemon, any account that's in the
pulse-access group can use it.