[BRLTTY] some strange issues with brltty 5.3.1

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun May 8 18:41:14 EDT 2016

hi
I'm using the espeak fork called espeak ng. Espeak was forked about a
year ago because the original developer, jonathan duddington, stopped
responding too all attempts to get ahold of him. The fork has a lot of
the older espeak removed, including the wx widgets that used to be
needed to compile the phoneme data, but as far as programs using it to
speak are concerned, they shouldn't need any modification at all. I know
orca, espeakup and brltty all use it without issues. I'm using a
precompiled espeak ng package. I can give you the configure options if
you like, but I'd have to look them up in our package build script.
Thanks
Kendell Clark