[BRLTTY] new listmember with a question

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:10:08 EDT 2016

hi
This is precisely why I've been trying so hard to get brltty to speak on
sonar. Instead of helping me fix it, the pulse audio people act like
children, insisting it's not their bug. I did get luke yelavich, the guy
in charge of accessibility at canonical to agree to fix this, but it
involves changes to logind, brltty, and a few other projects. I am sick
and tired of the "well it runs as root, so no sound for you" problem. It
makes linux look bad and it embarrasses guys like me who are only trying
to make a distro that new users, meaning inexperienced users, can pick
up and use. This is not a brltty problem, so I am not criticizing you
guys at all. It's just frustrating that the pulse audio guys are
refusing to help me. Period. Something has got to be done in the short
term. Running pulse audio in system mode does not fix the problem. I've
already tried this.
Thanks
Kendell Clark