[BRLTTY] Compiling brailleback with brltty 5.4

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 8 10:44:31 EST 2016

[quoted lines by payman shaykhmehdi on 2016/11/08 at 16:57 +0330]

>But when I want to build brailleback the following error occures :
>
>*** target file `clean' has both : and :: entries.  Stop.

That's a make file inconsistency. I can't speak for BraileBack, but maybe you
didn't do a make distclean before building brltty.

>I have used latest brltty to develop my driver, so when I add my driver to
>brltty 4.5, errors related to function signature and number and type of
>arguments of functions such as enqueuekeyevent() occures.

Yes, there are differences between brltty 4 and brltty 5.

>Is there anyway to build brailleback with newer versions of brltty?

You might try using the unreleased BRLTTY-4.6.

>(I have tried to communicate with braillback guys but it seems that they
>are not support this project anymore!!!)

Do you know that brltty does run on Android?

Perhaps I should be putting more effort into making brltty work better on
android, then.