[BRLTTY] Using liblouis translation in brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Apr 4 11:31:20 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Vikash Kesharwani on 2017/04/04 at 20:48 +0530]

>This feature is really urgent. I cannot wait for the release. If you could
>guide me through the process, I can implement it and submit a patch later.

It's a little tricky since the translation would be taking place outside of
brltty. We'd essentially need a third type of table - the two we currently have
are native and executable. I'll do it but just don't want to jeopardize the 5.5
release with any significant code changes.

>Regarding the interface for specifying it, I think it can be done as we do
>for *--text-table* and *--tables-directory* , since their usage is pretty
>similar.

Yes, but that isn't the issue. How do we tell the -t option (or the text-table
directive) that a liblouis table is being specified?