[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows, and Actilino support

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:32:51 EDT 2017

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: BRLTTY [mailto:brltty-bounces at brltty.com] Namens Dave Mielke
Verzonden: dinsdag 4 april 2017 17:37
Aan: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY.
<brltty at brltty.com>
Onderwerp: Re: [BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows, and Actilino support

[quoted lines by Felix Grützmacher - Handy Tech Elektronik GmbH on
2017/04/04 at 17:29 +0200]

>The Windows update in question is about to be rolled out. I learned
>about the details through CSUN which was a bit late to jump in.

And I wasn't there, so maybe it's no wonder that I don't know anything about
whatever the feature is. Are they including brltty in Windows?

It's based on 5.4. The built-in screenreader called narrator, gets braille
support through an optional download of brltty 5.4. This download is started
from within the accessibility settings. In the same screen, you can select
braille display and braille table.

With kind regards,

Henk.