[BRLTTY] Issues with an Easy Braille

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 4 10:14:56 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Alex Bernier on 2017/07/31 at 17:04 +0200]

>I would like to know where the issue come from so I I started to monitor the
>USB connection between the EasyBraille and the PC, but I'm not familiar enough
>with the HandyTech protocol to clearly understand if something is wrong on
>this side. I attach some traces produced by the "usbmon" module : if someone
>who knows the HandyTech protocol can help me to interpret these logs, it would
>be very helpful.

I know the HT protocol and can also read usbmon data. I still much prefer
brltty's own USB logging, though. Please post a brltty log with at least:

   -L/path/to/logfile -ldebug,usb,inpkts,outpkts

Also please include a clear description of what kind of slowness you're
encountering. For example, is it a slowness to respond to screen changes, a
slowness to respond to brltty navigation, etc? Specific examples would be
helpful.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.