[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 23 22:36:24 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on 2017/08/23 at 17:33 -0400]

[quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/08/23 at 22:08 +0200]

>Couldn't we imagine that the clients define command groups and commands by
>specifying their names and numerical values and then there could be
>tables similar to the core ones mapping braille keys to these
>client-defined commands?

Each client specifies which key ranges it'll handle. Those key ranges are for
values derived from key table processing. In other words, key table processing
occurs before determining which client should get any given key code, so key
table processing is common to all clients. Perhaps I'm missing something, but,
to me, that gets in the way of clients defining their own commands.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.