[BRLTTY] Raspberry PI 3, BRLTTY 5.5, BrailleNote Apex, Trouble connecting using bluetooth

xmlhttprequest.open at gmail.com xmlhttprequest.open at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:20:01 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with BRLTTY on the Raspberry Pi over the past
couple of days and have been unable to get it to work with my
BrailleNote Apex over bluetooth. I was able to use bluetoothctl
successfully to pair the device but not to connect it. When I
initialized brltty with the bluetooth address of the display using the
bn driver, I got the following error in the log output:

2017-12-28 at 17:14:06.604 [brltty] checking for braille driver: bn
2017-12-28 at 17:14:06.604 [brltty] initializing braille driver: bn ->
bluetooth:00:25:EC:01:10:8A
2017-12-28 at 17:14:06.604 [brltty] unsupported generic resource
identifier: bluetooth:00:25:EC:01:10:8A
2017-12-28 at 17:14:06.604 [brltty] braille driver initialization failed:
bn -> bluetooth:00:25:EC:01:10:8A

When I tried the hw driver, I got this error: bthNewConnectionExtension
error 38: Function not implemented.

I am using the official release version 5.5 of brltty (which I compiled
from source) under Raspbian Jessie and bluez 5.

I am relatively new to using brltty, so perhaps I am doing something
wrong with my setup or the device simply isn't supported over bluetooth?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.