[BRLTTY] auth server refuses to start if built without polkit

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 5 13:48:14 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Chris Brannon on 2017/07/05 at 09:39 -0700]

>In Programs/brlapi.h.in, we have:
>#define BRLAPI_DEFAUTH "polkit+keyfile:" BRLAPI_ETCDIR "/" BRLAPI_AUTHKEYFILE
>This is the default, even when polkit support is not built.

Yes, that's clearly wrong.

>The initializeMethodDescriptors code from Programs/auth.c is very
>simple.  If any method descriptor fails to initialize, then all of them
>are released, and the auth server will not start.

Is this really what we want, then? Mightn't it be better that we only require
one of them to succeed?

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.