[BRLTTY] BrlAPI Raw key code mode?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Jul 27 03:02:36 EDT 2017

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>Actually, it seems the HandyTech driver does not support delivering raw
>>key codes yet. It should define the BRL_HAVE_KEY_CODES macro and
>>implement the brl_readKey and brl_keyToCommand methods.
>
> That made sense way back in the days when bindings were hard-coded, but I don't
> think it's the right way to do it now. My personal opinion is that raw key
> codes should be the values defined within the key tables. That way, no driver
> would require any extra support for it.

I totally agree.  As already said in another reply in this thread, being
able to grab keyEvents via BrlAPI would be useful and revive the
current keycode feature, which seems sort of bitrotten to the point of
almost being unusable.

Is there anything that I (with my limited understanding of the core) can
do to help in this?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Blog: <https://blind.guru/>  GitHub: <https://github.com/mlang/>