[BRLTTY] Handytech displays question

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sun Jun 4 10:11:29 EDT 2017

Hi,

Thanks. Ok so by default, GNU/Linux detects the device as a braille
device, and that is good. But what you say is there may be a feature in
the device to switch as a mass storage device? If you confirm I will
check the manual even if I am not sure such info is in it, but I will
try finding it (I dont have it just now).

Regards

Le 04/06/2017 à 15:44, Jason White a écrit :
> MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi at free.fr> wrote:
>> On some Handytech devices such as Activebraille, the user can transfer
>> files between the braille device and the computer, via htdoc. Does such
>> program eist with brltty? Or is there a workaround?
> A quick search of the HandyTech Web site shows that the ActiveBraille can be
> detected as a USB mass storage device (like a hard drive or USB flash storage
> module). If this is the case, you can simply mount it; it should appear to the
> operating system as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc or similar.
>
> I suggest checking the manual in case there's something you need to do to
> enable this mass storage support.

signature_jp_2
Logo Hypra 	JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Tel : +331 84 73 06 61 <tel:+33184730661> Mob : +336 76 34 93 37
<tel:+33676349337>
jpmengual at hypra.fr <mailto:jpmengual at hypra.fr>
www.hypra.fr <http://www.hypra.fr/>
Facebook Hypra <https://www.facebook.com/hyprasoftware/> Twitter Hypra