[BRLTTY] Suggestion for upcoming versions.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 13 12:03:43 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2017/06/12 at 23:42 +0200]

>One thing that makes me stop using brltty for Android is the fact that all
>cursor routing buttons seems to have different functions on them.

Why is that a problem? You press the first one to bring brltty's cursor to the
item, the second one to click on it, the third one to double click on it, etc.
Why do you see this as a discouragement from using brltty? You get lots of
functionality in an easy and predictable way.

>Also the display is showing up only one icon at a time.

The default Navigation Mode is Vertical List. You can change it to
Two-dimensional Grid.

>Would it be possible to add a feature that makes brltty showing more than one
>icon on the same screen?

Do you mean on the same line? That's what setting the Navigation Mode to
Two-dimensional Grid does.

>And if so also the ability to click with the cursor routing keys above the
>specific icon?

In that mode, the keys over each item do what they're defined to do, so yes, it
already works that way.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.