[BRLTTY] HID devices on OSX

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jun 14 11:10:58 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by rmgls on 2017/06/14 at 08:27 +0200]

>On OSX all HID devices i tested: (seika, varioUltra and esys40) and certainly some other do not start
>because the system takes the hand on all HID devices
>(brltty report device busy error 16).

That's good to know, thanks.

>We have two alternatives:
>one is to callling the osx HIDManager, the other is to free the device
>by cfRelease if i understand correctly the doc.
>Attached is the doc from Apple: HID_Accessing.txt.

Thanks.

>my question is What solution do you prefer?

On Linux, we free the device so we already have a mechanism for that that may
just need an OS X implementation. We can try that, first.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.