[BRLTTY] Python bindings - 3.6

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jun 17 00:53:21 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Gwyn Ciesla on 2017/06/16 at 16:38 -0500]

>> What happens when you do this from a shell command line with
>> /usr/bin/python3?
>>
>Nothing is output, indicating that it imported the sys module successfully.

I didn't have Python3 installed yet, so I installed the python3 and
python3-devel packages and then did the very same configure I usually do with
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 added. I believe, therefore, that I've essentially
reproduced what you're wanting to do.

It works for me. I guess the modified file names are correct because the
following two files get installed:

   /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/Brlapi-0.6.6-py3.3.egg-info
   /usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/brlapi.cpython-33m.so

So, as near as I can tell, it seems that our software is working as it should.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.