[BRLTTY] Brltty woes on Centos 7

Adrian van Bloois adrian at pa0rda.nl
Wed Mar 1 17:59:54 EST 2017

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 05:15:34PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Adrian van Bloois on 2017/03/01 at 23:03 +0100]
>
> >Single user mode is runlevel 1 as far as I know and multi-user mode is
> >runlevel 3.
>
> More precisely, run level 3 is multi-user mode without X and run level 5 is
> multi-user mode with X. This being said, the thinking is really entirely
> different on a system managed by systemd. The old run level scheme is only kind
> of roughly maintained for backward compatibility so that the old init scripts
> don't have to be updated all at once.
>
> >What is important is that you give the right text table, I had
> >problems with that recently. I'm not sure what happens if you omit to specify
> >the ttb file.
>
> I think you really are over-configuring. It's far easier to build a general
> executable and then put your customizations in /etc/brltty.conf.
>
> To answer your question: There's a selection precedence for all options,
> includinhg the text table. It is: command line options, boot parameters,
> environment variables, brltty.conf, configured valeus, and, finally, hopefully
> reasonably sensible internally-defined defaults.
Maybe there is an improvement to make, if you specify a ttb that is not a
ttb fall back to one of those defaults  and give an appropriate error
message.

I dont think I'm over-configuring, I want to keep the OS and a  local
additions separate, OS in /usr and lcaol add in /usr/local. Also I'dlike
64-bit libs in lib64 and not in lib, this looks pretty reasonable to me.