[BRLTTY] Brltty woes on Centos 7

Keith Wessel keith at wessel.com
Mon Mar 6 12:24:48 EST 2017

I've been poking around at system docs this morning. I'm already using the
After=system-udev-settle.service and Wants=system-udev-settle.service that
you recommended last week, Dave. Makes sense: I don't want brltty to start
until the console interrupt is available and until after udev isn't going to
mess with my serial port's communication parameters.

Clearly, as we discussed on Friday, that's not what's happening. I'm getting
the error when brltty tries to get console control, and the baud rate, as
reported by sty, is changing back to 9600.

I'm happy to have brltty start later so that, when it starts, it actually
has access to what it needs and that things keep working, obviously.

Any thoughts why the system-udev-settle service isn't doing the trick? And
what might?

FWIW, I added these additional wants and after lines to brltty.service
rather than the brltty at .service abstract service unit definition. Was that
the right place to put them?

Keith