[BRLTTY] fedora systemd brltty.service

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Tue Nov 21 16:13:59 EST 2017

On Monday, 20 November 2017 22:33:51 GMT Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Barry Scott on 2017/11/20 at 19:51 +0000]
>
> >As brttty already has the:
> >	sd_notify(1, "READY=1")
> >
> >That the service should be:
> This is autodetected by BRLTTY's configure at build time.
>
> >If you agree I'll ask fedora to fix this.
>
> Sure. Really, though, they should be letting BRLTTY's ocnfigure figure
> things out.

Fedora does not have the After= that you have:

	After=local-fs.target
	Before=sysinit.target
	Wants=systemd-udev-settle.service
	After=systemd-udev-settle.service

I'll have to experiment with them and see if that helps.

I have had a look at the files in brltty-5.5/Autostart/Systemd and I'm
not clear on why a template service is needed. brltty seems to
able to work without the wrapper.

What do you expect the %I to be?
What arranges that the template configured with the right %I?

I'm not ready to share logs with you as I do not trust that I have
done the testing correctly.

Barry