[BRLTTY] BrlAPI in Windows

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Mon Oct 23 15:13:14 EDT 2017

Hi list!

Tomorow I'm going to join a workshop, and I need access to a Windows 10 pc
with NVDA. I'm going to use a Handy Tech Active Braille display.
Unfortunately, when I test this display with the pc, connected on USB,
Windows says that it's an unknown device. NVDA does not recognize the
display, neither on USB nor on bluetooth.

I have cygwin 64bit installed, and I've compiled BRLTTY. When connecting
the display through bluetooth, I can use the console by specifying com5
as braille device to BRLTTY. However, when trying to get NVDA to use the
BRLTTY driver, it says it couldn't connect. Does anyone ave a solutin to
that?

Thanks and regards, Lars