[BRLTTY] Packaging questions

Peter Vágner pvdeejay at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:54:25 EDT 2017

Hello,

> Le 25/10/2017 à 20:20, Peter Vágner a écrit :
> >> 2) In the installer the package is stripped down this way:

Oh yeah, I have skipped this bit thus I've commented on all these disabled
features as if they were configured like this on an installed system. Sorry
for taking your time.

> Intrinsically the light WM do not need polkit, however we use it in all
> cases, e.g. to allow a regular user to halt or reboot the machine from
> the graphical environment, using either lxlogout or wm-logout.
>
> Oh yes. Now I see. In fact the polkit related issue I was wondering about
is already fixed in current git master:
https://github.com/brltty/brltty/commit/7b688681f5868416d0b6b9899fbd0d2ba213477d
If nothing else then at least this commit should be cherrypicked to the
arch linux package to avoid brokennes that prompted me to start testing
brltty. If you are planning enabling polkit auth method for the installed
package, you might like to cherrypick it too.

Greetings

Peter