[BRLTTY] Technibraille alize 64 + debian 9

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 1 07:16:17 EDT 2017

[quoted lines by Shérab on 2017/09/01 at 10:16 +0200]

>perhaps you could try to run your second brltty (the one for the Alizé) with
>the -n -e -l7 floags so that you would have an opportunity to see what's going
>on.

Instead of -l7 (very old), please use: -ldebug,serial,inpkts,outpkts

Also, instead of -e (which logs to the console), I think it'd be better to log
to a file. That way, the log will also contain timestamps (wghich tend to be
helpful). So, instead of -e, please use: -L/pth/to/logfile

Note that the -l option which specifies the log categories is lowercase whereas
the -L option which specifies the log file is uppercase.

The TechniBraille dirver has indeed not been changed other than what has been
necessary to keep it buildable with the latest code. While we try hard to not
break anything, it's always possible. Let's see what the log reveals.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.