[BRLTTY] how to use brltty on mac

rmgls rmgls at orange.fr
Sun Sep 3 12:56:15 EDT 2017

Hi,

The source is obtained by the command
Sudo port -k fetch screen
After:
Sudo find /opt/local/var/. -name “screen-4.3.1*”  {}  \;
But as a linuxist you know that.
You can find the patch in the (brltty) tree. (Documentation).

I am very  sorry this day, I can’t do too much:
My focus 40 refuses completely to start.

In all case I doubt sincerely that the path is the problem.
I start screen in many different directories (I tried that.
Please say us what is the message at screen startup

/opt/local/bin/screen.

Regards

Raoul

But what is the path for brltty needed?  I have it in /opt/local/bin.
Please send the source for screen and the patch, so I can adjust.

On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 10:00:06 -0400,
Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> [1.2  <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> Are we even sure that screen 4.0.3 qualifies to be used with brltty. I used 4.0.1 for years and it was my understanding that nothing workable that was later was available until 4.2.1 but perhaps I missed hearing about 4.0.3 working.
>
> Also Raul, please clarify: did you patch this copy of screen in source before you compiled it? It would have needed to be patched with the path to your brltty source and is in Patches. You've never specifically mentioned whether you did
> this and how you did it but I just assumed if it was working for you that you had done the patching before compiling. Did you patch with the 4.0.1 patch or the 4.2.1 or did you create a patch of your own?
>
> --
> Cheryl
>
> May the words of my mouth
> and the meditation of my heart
> be acceptable to You, Lord,
> my rock and my Redeemer.
> (Psalm 19:14 HCSB)
>
> On Sep 3, 2017, at 4:37 AM, rmgls <rmgls at orange.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This night I was fighting against a permission denied.
> I discovered the culprit:
>
> In preferences => sharing I checked remote management.
> And this one is incompatible with screen sharing .
> Good to know.
> Unchecking remote management and checking screen sharing
> Solved my shmget error: permission denied.
>
> Please John, try to check screen sharing.
> I am not sure if it is your problem, but it must be verified.
>
> 2. I modified the permissions in my scompiled screen.
> I attach it, please see if you have the same results?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Raoul
> rmgls at orange.fr
> <screen-4.3.1>
>
> On Sep 3, 2017, at 8:05 AM, John Covici <covici at ccs.covici.com> wrote:
>
> OK, I followed the steps and all seemed to go well, cfg-darwin worked
> OK, when I gave the prefix of /opt/local/bin, all worked make and make
> install, but when I ran screen and tried to run brltty, I got the
> brltty 5.5 line on the screen but the process disappeared. The only
> line I saw in the log file system.log was the following:
> Sep 3 01:51:54 John-Covicis-MacBook-Pro brltty[40791]: no path for
> address 0x114ce9000
>
> This was true whether I used Bluetooth or Usb.
>
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 11:55:11 -0400,
> rmgls wrote:
>
> [1 <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> [1.2 <multipart/mixed (7bit)>]
> [1.2.1 <text/html; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> Hi,
>
> Sorry this time I attach the file (screen).
>
> Regards
> [1.2.2 screen <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
> [1.2.3 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> Raoul
> [...]

How do
you spend it?

        John Covici