[BRLTTY] link to screen source

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sun Sep 3 23:40:25 EDT 2017

I am using a regular usb cable.  When I look at the about this mac
dialog, I see the usb device -- it says a braille device and something
about freescale -- maybe that is the chip or something.

I tried using bluetooth, but no cigar.  I will send Dave the debug log
from that attempt.  What I did was to put vo on, add the device in the
Braille section of the utilities and then turn vo off.

On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 21:44:38 -0400,
Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by John Covici on 2017/09/03 at 18:30 -0400]
>
> >I sent the log to Dave privately.  I am getting device or resource
> >busy on the usb.
>
> The Screen screen driver is successfully starting without incident, so no
> problem with shared memory segments.
>
> The prhase "no path for address' isn't in the log, so it's still a mystery.
>
> The device is using a CDC ACM chip for its USB to serial adapter. This is a
> standard serial protocol, so the Mac kernel undoubedly has a driver for it, and
> that driver has undoubedly, therefore, claimed the braille device. That's why
> it's "busy" and brltty can't claim it for itself. Linux does the same thing
> except that, on Linuxk we know how to tell the kernel to release it so that we
> can grab it. I've no idea how to do this on Mac OS X. Until we can do it, you
> may need to use Bluetooth.
>
> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com