[BRLTTY] link to screen source

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Sep 4 11:47:55 EDT 2017

On Sun, 3 Sep 2017, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> Actually this is not true in the Mac unless you do everything in your
> home directory. This is if you are compiling. But probably the sudo
> was not needed in the ls command.

It is highly recommended that you compile things in a subdirectory of
your home directory. The point is to do as much as possible without root
privileges. Any issues, e.g. bugs with the Makefile than ends up
deleting files from / would have less of an impact on your system that
way.

Of course on your own system you may do as you wish. But in a guideline
document that inexperienced people will rely upon I think it is
important to stick to best practices.

Nicolas