[BRLTTY] link to screen source

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Mon Sep 4 16:28:42 EDT 2017

That makes sense. I wouldn't separate git projects from svn projects anyway as each project would be a directory of its own within Projects.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 4, 2017, at 3:20 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2017/09/04 at 15:05 -0500]

> The one question I have is: Should I just instruct to unpack in the home
> directory or should I advise that a directory should be made within the home
> directory for compiling and managing svn, git and other source downloads? I
> actually think I may change my own practice now that I realize what my
> assumptions were.

It all depends on how organized a person wishes to be. My personal
recommendation would be to create a directory named Projects/ (not src/), and
then, in it, to have one directory per project that I'm working on. There's no
need to separate svn projects from git projects.

Also, I always recommend unpacking an archive into a directory that's known to
be empty. The reason is that you never know what you'll be getting. Some
archives, for example, don't have a unique root subdirectory. It's far safer to
unpack an archive with a root subdirectory into an empty directory, and then
move the root and remove the empty directory as needed, than it is to unpack an
archive without a root subdirectory into a directory that already contains
other things.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | The Bible is the very Word of God.