[BRLTTY] Crash when sending char é ú?

Quartel, Eric de edequartel at bartimeus.nl
Sat Sep 30 11:39:24 EDT 2017

Dear Samuel and Sebastien,

Thank you very much for your hint in the right direction.
Instead of using the patch i did the following:

Dutch - Dutch
Edit as root /etc/locale.gen. Delete # before  nl_NL.UTF-8.
Run
 # locale-gen
If you run
 $ locale -a
nl_NL.UTF-8 will be in it.

In the source code add
   setlocale(LC_ALL, "nl_NL.UTF-8");

No change in
/etc/rc.conf LOCALE="en_US.UTF-8" by LOCALE="nl_NL.UTF-8".

I use your software to produce a small affordable device to learn braille at school or at home called the BraillePi. Our teachers at Bartimeus and clients will use this soon. English information will be soon provided on www.braillepi.com

Kind regards,

Eric de Quartel

Bartiméus education VSO
Teacher biology and horticulture
Coördinator Braille and tactile development

Follow twitter @tactielactief