[BRLTTY] Problem with the character 'en dash' (U+2013) in output

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jan 23 16:59:04 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2018/01/23 at 22:06 +0100]

>This is because the Linux console can only accept at most 256 glyphs per
>font.

Actually, up to 512. If there are more than 256 then the bright bit is
"borrowed" and eight colours are lost.

>As an aside, Araki Ken, developer of mlterm, claims that mlterm-fb can
>now interface itself to brltty. I have installed a recent version, but
>have still to test this feature. Dave, are you aware of that?

No, I'm not. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'd sure like to add
support for it. If the interface is general then maybe it can be added to other
framebuffer consoles.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |