[BRLTTY] Release 5.6 will be soon - please test.

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Jan 28 14:40:48 EST 2018

Le 28/01/2018 à 19:09, Dave Mielke a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2018/01/28 at 19:57 +0100]
>
>> I'd wait one more week.
>
> Unfortunately, you quoted to all the others my statement from early January
> that the release will be in three weeks. That now puts me in a bit of a corner.
> Do I make myself look like a liar by waiting only one week, or do I delay those
> who are waiting for this release by waiting another three weeks?

I don't understand. The post I quoted and linked to:
http://brltty.com/pipermail/brltty/2018-January/015421.html
is dated  Mon Jan 8 16:16:49 EST 2018 i.e. roughly 3 weeks ago so
people could expect a release any time soon (even though you wrote
"the current plan", so that was a tentative schedule anyway).

How would that make you look like a liar to release in one week,
and why would you need to wait another three weeks?

Please shed some light in my obscure mind and tell me what
corrections or precision I should bring as a follow-up of
my posts from today.

Best,
Didier