[BRLTTY] A little trouble with BRLTTY on Mac

Devin Prater r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:12:22 EST 2018

Hi all. I got BRLTTY to work for a little while yesterday, but today when I tried it, BRLTTY seemed to start normally, but wouldn’t connect to the Braille note touch, even after a restart of both devices. In the Mac Console app, I got this:
default	05:52:02.285884 -0600	brltty	Darwin error 0XFFFFFFFFE00002C5.
default	05:52:02.285943 -0600	brltty	USB interface open error 16: Resource busy.
I’m not sure how the USB resource is busy, I just plugged the Touch into the MacBook, started Braille Terminal, chose USB, and ran BRLTTY. Any ideas?

Devin Prater
Assistive Technology Instructor

, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint instructor certified by World Services for the Blind